If, after the protocol of diagnosis, your doctor recommends hospitalization, our admission staff will provide you with a counselor to guide you through the admission process. Everything including fixtures for surgeries, room facilities, financial assistance, insurance and estimates, and any other queries you may have on your mind, will be addressed by our staff so you can be at ease.
Preparing for Surgery
After you have made a decision to go head for surgery as prescribed by your doctor, our counselor will explain to you the entire process (pre-admission, your stay in the hospital and discharge process). The counselor will also help you fix your date and time for the surgery and schedule a prior-surgery appointment with the doctor if needed.
We will arrange your surgery under our admission schedules depending on the type of the surgery/procedure. For instance;
- You might go home on the same day after the surgery if the surgery/procedure allows you to do so
- You might be an in-patient with us and stay during your recovery phase after the surgery/ procedure
- You might complete the surgery and go home soon, but might come back as an outpatient for regular follow-ups based on the discretion of your doctor
Billing and Insurance
Our billing staff and the counselor will help make the billing process faster and easy for you. We make sure that you get all the benefits of your Insurance policy, as applicable. You can follow this checklist to help ensure a smooth billing process.
Before your appointment:
- Contact your insurance provider to make sure you understand your benefits
- Confirm that Kamineni Hospital is a contracted provider of services for your plan
- Obtain a referral letter from your insurance company if necessary and discuss with our counselor prior to scheduling an appointment with our specialist
At the time of admission:
- Bring necessary identification information such as address proof, citizenship card, etc.
- Carry your health insurance card and its relevant details
- If you are a returning patient and if there are any changes in your personal or insurance information from your last visit, please inform us at the earliest
After your visit:
- If the Insurance provider requests you for additional information, please respond promptly
- If you have any balance payments on your bill, please make timely arrangements
- Call us if you have any questions or concerns about your bill, if you cannot pay your balance in full
In case you do not have an insurance policy, our counselor will guide you through the entire treatment cost that includes pre-treatment estimate. You can negotiate a payment plan with our hospital prior to your treatment. Cash / Credit Cards / Debit Cards are accepted by the Hospital.
On knowing that you have applicable insurance coverage, our counselor will talk to you regarding the following:
- Verify your insurance coverage
- Billing procedure
- They will ask you to carry:
- Your Insurance Company’s – Name, Billing Address & Telephone Number(s)
- Your Plan – Subscriber’s Name
- Certificate and/or Policy Number
- Effective Date
- Your insurance ID card carries most of the information; hence always bring your card to the hospital
*As a policy we collect any estimated self-pay balances or co-pays at the time of admission. Billing executive and counselor will inform you about how much you will have to pre-pay.
Kamineni Hospitals accept the following insurance and managed healthcare plans:
General insurance companies
- National Insurance Company
- New India Insurance
- Oriental Insurance Company Limited
- United India Insurance Company
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Ltd
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co Pvt Ltd
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd
- HDFC Life Insurance Co Ltd
- Alankit Health Care Ltd
- Dedicated Healthcare Services Pvt Ltd
- E-Meditek Solutions Limited
- Family Health Plan Limited
- Genins India Limited
- Good Health Plan Ltd
- Health India TPA Services Pvt Ltd
- Heritage Health Service Pvt Ltd
- MD India
- Medicare TPA Services (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Medsave Health Care Ltd
- Paramount Health Care Management Ltd
- Raksha TPA
- Sealcare TPA
- TTK Health Care Services Pvt Ltd
- United Healthcare Parekh TPA Pvt Ltd
- Vipul Medcorp TPA Private Limited
(This list is subject to change. Coverage limitations are dependent on individual group contracts).
We provide financial assistance to patients who do not have an insurance policy, and also to those whose family income is four times less than the government poverty guidelines. Such exceptions are made only by case-to-case basis.
Eligibility for assistance:
You must be a resident of Hyderabad, so as to avail medical services are provided by us.
Your income is at / below 400% of the Government’s Income Poverty Guidelines.
You must provide proof of income (income includes gross wages, rental income, gross income from self employment, public assistance, social security, unemployment compensation, strike benefits, alimony, child support, military family allotments, pensions, veteran’s benefits, etc.). Sources of income apply to all applicable family members.
Family members include patient’s spouse and patient’s children under the age of eighteen living at home
For any queries related to Billing & insurance, kindly contact:
Patient Financial Services
Time: 9 am to 6 pm
King Koti: 040 – 6692 4444 / L.B. Nagar: 040 – 3987 9999 / Narketpally: 08682 – 272 333 / Vijayawada: 0866 – 246 3333
When you are leaving the hospital, the following processes will be explained to you:
- During the course of your stay, our counselor will guide you through the post-discharge care to be taken, your next appointment date if required, and regular follow-ups with the doctor based on your convenience.
- Arrangements/processes to enable a hassle free discharge and for your departure from the hospital will be done in advance, before the day of discharge.
- Educational material will be provided to you for home care, post discharge.
- We advise you to have at least one family member or a friend on this day.
- Our discharge usually takes place between 10 am to 12 pm, however, we request you to consider at least 3 hours for the completion of the entire process.
A few things that we would like you to in keep in mind:
- Make sure you check your personal belongings at the bedside, cabinets, wardrobes before leaving
- Return the hospital wardrobe
- Carry all the prescribed medication from our hospital’s pharmacy
- Meet the dietician to design your new diet chart at home
- Ask us for arranging your transportation if required
- Make a note of all important numbers for follow ups
- Pay all outstanding bills and receive receipts for all
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient of Kamineni Hospitals, you deserve the best of our services and have a right to the following:
- Receiving the best quality care in a safe and well coordinated manner
- Being informed about care in a language that you are most comfortable with
- Being introduced to every member of your health-care team, including their roles
- Being an active participant in having your views heard, in making decisions with your family and health-care providers
- Being treated with dignity and respect, regardless of your race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability
- Having timely and easy access to services that you need
- Feeling safe and protected in a clean, comfortable, hazard-free environment
- Having your privacy and confidentiality protected
- Being cared for in a hospital that is responsive to community feedback and takes steps to continuously improve on service delivery
- Being made aware of research opportunities and having the choice to participate
We request all our patients to cooperate with us for the following:
- Share the responsibility for your care and well-being and provide accurate information
- Ask questions when you need clarification
- Be respectful and courteous to all physicians, staff and volunteers
- Respect the rights, property, privacy and diversity of all
Amenities & Facilities
At Kamineni, we are committed to ensure all our patients are provided with the finest of healthcare and amenities, to ensure a hassle-free experience where the patient is at ease. The amenities and facilities at Kamineni Hospitals include the following:
Transportation arrangements from hotel, airport or train station, to and from the hospital include car rental and lease, taxis and airline reservations for patients who require the same.
For smooth work flow at the hospital we have designed parking spaces that can accommodate a large number of vehicles.
A 24X7 pharmacy is available on the ground level for patients. A variety of services & products are availed at the Kamineni Pharmacy, such as all prescribed medicines, post-surgical supplies, skin care products, compression hosiery & more.
There is also a cafeteria in the hospital campus where visitors can buy food and refreshments.
We also offer a variety of in-patient accommodations at a reasonable price range, from single rooms to deluxe suites. Our hospital rooms are designed keeping in mind the comfort and safety of our patients. We have also taken care of natural ventilation, privacy and peaceful atmosphere in the rooms.
Some of the common room amenities include the following features:
- Adjustable beds
- Calling facility
- Bedside room light and other required medical facilities
- Individual cable television including Telugu, Hindi, English and foreign language programmes
- Guest couch and sofa lamp
- Individually controlled room air conditioning
- Bathroom amenities
- Personal medication cabinet
- Personal Wardrobe
- Dishware and glassware
he Multispecialty Intensive Care Units at Kamineni Hospitals, have state-of-the-art facilities which integrate many specialties and latest technologies. ICUs at Kamineni are adept at treating a wide spectrum of critically ill patients including accidents, post-surgery, heart disease, kidney disease, infections, poisoning and other life threatening illness. Our intensive care units are equipped with world class equipments and staffed by highly trained doctors and nurses who specialise in caring for critically ill patients.
- Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit
- Intensive Cardiac Care Unit
- Intensive Neuro Care Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Neurosurgery Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Respiratory Intensive Care Unit
- Respiratory Intensive Care Unit